|1. The Global’s Make Some Noise Auction (‘Auction’) is organised by Global Charities (as defined in the Global Charities Promotion General Terms and Conditions available here). The live phone auction will run from Wednesday 4th October 2023 to Thursday 5th October 2023 on Classic FM. Global Charities is the Promoter. The Auction Item Donors are Oliver’s Travels and Yamaha Music Europe.
2. IMPORTANT: The Auction is subject to these Specific Rules and Global Charities Promotion General Terms and Conditions. Bidding in the Auction constitutes acceptance of these Specific Rules and Global Charities Promotion General Terms and Conditions.
3. In these Specific Rules the following words and phrases shall have the following meanings (and, where applicable, the singular shall include the plural):
“Auction Phone Line” – The number (0345 949 5000) that bidders must call during the Live Phone Auction to place a bid.
“Pre-bid Phase” – The period during which a bidder may make a pre-bid, ahead of the Live Phone Auction Phase
“Live Phone Auction Phase” – The Live Phone Auction, as announced on-air and/or online, during which a bidder may bid for a particular item in an Auction through the Auction Phone Line.
“Auction Item 1” – A luxury 7-night stay in Cornwall for 10 people.
“Auction Item 2” – A Yamaha CLP775 piano and lesson with Konya Kanneh-Mason
Details of the Auction:
4. The timings of the Pre-bid Phases and Live Phone Auction Phases for each auction Item are listed in the table below:
LOT 1 – Cornwall Catchfrench Manor
Open: Thursday 28/09/2023 at 10:00
Close: Wednesday 04/10/2023 at 13:00
Live phone auction:
Open: Wednesday 04/10/2023 at 14:30
Close: Wednesday 04/10/2023 at 15:30
LOT 2 – Yamaha & piano lesson
Open: Thursday 28/09/2023 at 10:00
Close: Thursday 05/10/2023 at 13:00
Live phone auction:
Open: Thursday 05/10/2023 at 14:30
Close: Thursday 05/10/2023 at 15:30
5. The number to call during the Live Phone Auction Phase for each auction item is 0345 949 5000 (the Auction Phone Line).
6. The Live Phone Auction Phase for each item will be clearly specified online and may be referred to on-air by a presenter.
The pre-bid Phase:
7. Pre-bids can be submitted during the Pre-bid Phase on Classicfm.com in advance of the Live Phone Auction Phase.
8. Pre-bids are not revealed to other bidders. In making a pre-bid, this enters the bidder into the Auction process and puts them in the running for a chance to win the auction item, although this is not guaranteed and will depend on other bids made both during the Pre-bid Phase and the Live Phone Auction Phase.
9. In placing a pre-bid during the Pre-bid Phase, the bidder must be aware that the
pre-bid will be considered as a legitimate entry into the overall Auction.
10. Once the Pre-bid phase has closed we will contact the the highest pre-bidder.
11. We will make three attempts to contact the highest pre-bidder before the Live Phone Auction Phase opens to check for eligibility and confirmation of the amount they have bid.
12. The highest, eligible bidder will be put through to the Live Phone Auction Phase and their bid will be the starting bid for the auction item on air.
13. If the highest bidder is ineligible according to the terms, or they do not answer the phone when we contact them, we will move on to the next highest bidder.
14. By entering into the Auction you consent to your first name being referenced on air.
15. By entering into the Auction you accept that you will be available to participate in the Live Phone Auction Phase on air. We accept no responsibility if the prebidder is unable to listen to the Live Phone Auction Phase and increase their bid.
The Live Phone Auction Phase:
16. During the Live Phone Auction Phase, bidders must call the Auction Phone Line only when directed to do so and only during the times specified in clause 4. Calls to this number are charged at local rates from a BT landline, other networks and mobile costs may be higher.
17. The highest pre-bid will be the starting point for the Live Phone Auction Phase. If this bid is then beaten during the Live Phone Auction Phase this bid will then become the highest bid. This will continue until the Live Phone Auction Phase closes. The highest genuine bid received from an eligible bidder at the end of the Live Phone Auction Phase will secure the auction item.
18. If at the end of the Live Phone Auction Phase there are two or more active bidders with equal bids, a final silent bid will be taken from each active bidder, and the highest silent bid will secure the auction item.
19. Full details of the 2 auction items are included below.
20. The offer of an auction item on-air or online during the Pre-bid Phase shall constitute an offer which will be deemed to be accepted by the highest bidder overall during both the Pre-bid Phase and the Live Phone Auction Phase.
21. Please note that the phone lines may be busy during the Live Phone Auction Phase and your call may not be connected at the first instance.
Eligibility and payment:
22. The Auction is only open to residents of the UK who are based in the UK at the time of bidding. Bidders must be 25 and over for the Auction Item 1, the 7-night Cornwall stay, and 18 or over for Auction item 2, the Yamaha Clavinova and lesson. We reserve the right to verify the eligibility of bidders.
23. We reserve the right to refuse or remove any bid at our absolute discretion.
24. All bidders must ensure that, prior to placing a bid, they are able to pay in British pound sterling (GBP) for any item which they wish to bid for.
25. Immediately after the close of each auction item, the highest bidder will be contacted to ensure they are elgible and have understood the auction item specific terms and conditions.
26. Wherever possible payment will be taken over the phone 24 hours after the close of the Auction Bid.
27. If the highest bidder is eligible but unable to pay within 24 hours, payment will be due within 5 working days of the auction item closing.
28. Payment will be via Paypal payment terminal by debit/credit card wherever possible. Alternatively, payment can be made by BACS. Paying by BACS saves the charity money on larger transactions are credit card transaction fees are avoided.
29. No auction items will be fulfilled until payment has been received.
30. In the event of non-payment within 5 working days of the final Auction Item closing, the highest bidder will lose the bid and we will approach the second highest bidder for the relevant auction item. The second highest bidder will then have 5 working days to make payment from the point of first contact. This process will be repeated until a bidder makes payment for the auction item in question.
31. Title in the auction item successfully bid for shall not pass on to the bidder until such time as payment for the auction item has been received by the Promoter and delivery has taken place. Title only applies to products.
32. All items included in the Auction shall be subject to availability and the Promoter shall not be liable for any claims, expenses, costs and/or any losses (including, but not limited to, loss of profits, indirect, pure economic and consequential losses or otherwise) or any damage (save for death or personal injury arising from negligence) suffered by the winning bidder.
33. Notwithstanding that a successful bid has been received, in the event that we discover that (i) the bidder was or should have been ineligible to make a bid for an item, or (ii) that the bidder should have been declared invalid for any other reason (at our absolute discretion), we reserve the right to reject the bid. In such circumstances, we reserve the right to offer the auction item to the second highest bidder.
34. We and the Auction Item Donors may publish and publicise your name, your nearest geographical location (for example, your nearest city, town or county) and your bid, and we may refer to your association with the Auction and/or the auction item, in any and all media, worldwide, in perpetuity, for publicity and PR purposes solely in connection with the Auction. Should the bidder prefer to remain anonymous, the onus is on the bidder to make the Promoter aware.
35. In relation to winners, you understand that we and the Auction Item Donors may: (i) interview you and your guest(s)/travel companion(s) which we may film, photograph and/or record and; (ii) film, photograph and/or record, you and your guest(s)/travel companion(s) in connection with the Auction, either by telephone or in person, and we may use such films, recordings and/or photographs for publicity and PR purposes in any and all media, worldwide, as often and for as long as we consider appropriate or desirable, in connection with the Auction. We may also publish your and your guest(s)/travel companion(s) name, image, social media handle and/or profile picture.
Auction Item 1 specific details and terms:
36. One winning bidder will receive:
7-night accommodation for 10 guests at Catchfrench Manor, Saltash, Cornwall;
a magnum of champagne.
37. The house stay must be taken by 31 July 2024 and excludes the following holiday periods: Christmas, New Year, Easter.
38. Booking dates are subject to availability.
39. The accommodation should be booked at least six weeks in advance of the preferred departure date.
40. The winning bidder may invite up to 9 guests of any age (maximum group of 10).
41. The winning bidder must be aged 25 or over and will need to provide credit card details to the relevant Auction lot Donor, before the stay, which will be a pre-authorisation with no charge subject to a damage inspection on departure.
42. The winning bidder will be asked for proof of ID and address (i.e. scan of driver’s license) ahead of the stay.
43. Guests must adhere to the terms listed on the property page https://www.oliverstravels.com/britain-ireland/cornwall/catchfrench-manor/.
44. Guests must take out their own travel insurance.
45. The auction item excludes all other costs and arrangements not expressly included in the specific details above.
46. In the unlikely event that the house is no longer available via the Auction Item Donor a replacement house will be provided of equal or greater value.
47. Information for wheelchair users: there is disabled access up a slope into the ballroom by the front door. There is also a lift. There is a slope up to the Courtyard from the back parking area. There is no disabled bathroom.
48. Any other costs and expenses which are not specifically included in the auction item description are excluded and will be the sole responsibility of the winning bidder. By way of example, without limitation, transportation, meals and damage cover is not included within the auction item.
49. It is the responsibility of the winning bidder to comply with any Covid-19 checks and tests for entering their travel destination and upon returning to the UK. The Promoter will not cover the cost of any Covid testing and it is the complete responsibility of the winning bidder and their travel companions to buy, organise and arrange these tests. The Promoter will not be held responsible if the winning bidder or their guests do not have the correct travel documentation, test results or if they breach any COVID-19 regulations.
50. In addition to the provisions set out at clause 12 in the Global Charities General Promotion Terms and Conditions relating to fulfilment of prizes and auction items, the Promoter’s ability to fulfil a prize or auction item or perform any of the obligations under the Global Charities General Promotion Terms and Conditions or these Specific Rules could be affected by an actual or threatened epidemic, pandemic, disease or quarantine and/or any corresponding governmental action, guidance and/or ruling (including but not limited to any Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office guidance) (“Covid Measures”). If, due to Covid Measures, the Promoter is unable to fulfil a prize or perform any of our other obligations under the Global Charities General Terms and Conditions, (for example, if the auction item is a Holiday to a destination where UK travellers are unable to travel to or advised against travelling to as a result of the Covid Measures), then the Promoter shall not be in breach of the Global Charities General Promotion Terms and Conditions or these Specific Rules. In these circumstances, we will try and mitigate the effects of the Covid Measures, for example, by refunding the bid amount or varying or swapping the auction item in accordance with the provisions at clause 12.
51. The auction item is non-transferable and not for resale.
52. This is a charity Auction and as such no refunds are given.
53. We reserve the right to substitute the auction item with another item of equal or greater value at our absolute discretion.
54. Global are registered with the Phone-paid Services Authority (“PSA”): registration number ORG832-96388-41101. Global Charities are registered with the PSA: registration number ORG831-51159-55647. For all enquiries in connection with the Auction please contact our customer support team at https://global.com/contact/.
Auction Item 2 specific details and terms:
55. One winning bidder will receive:
A Yamaha Clavinova CLP775 Digital Piano including matching bench in ebony, and a 1 hour piano lesson with Konya Kanneh-Mason
56. Any other costs and expenses which are not specifically included in the auction item description are excluded and will be the sole responsibility of the winning bidder. By way of example, without limitation, headphones are not included within the auction item.
57. The Auction Item Donor will courier the Yamaha CLP775 and bench free of charge to a UK address with ground floor level access. Whilst the Auction Item Donor will endeavour to deliver the auction item within 28 days, due to demand these items may take up to 8 weeks or more to be dispatched. The Auction Item Donor will use best endeavors to adhere to these time frames, however there may be delays with stock availability and deliveries. The Promoter will keep the winning bidder updated with delivery times.
58. The piano lesson with Konya Kanneh-Mason will be 60 minutes. It will take place at a Yamaha Store or online on a date agreed with Konya’s agency, subject to availability.
59. Any other costs and expenses which are not specifically included in the auction item description are excluded and will be the sole responsibility of the winning bidder. By way of example, without limitation, transportation or accommodation is not included within the auction item.
60. The auction item is non-transferable and not for resale.
61. This is a charity Auction and as such no refunds are given.
62. We reserve the right to substitute the auction item with another item of equal or greater value at our absolute discretion.
63. Global are registered with the Phone-paid Services Authority (“PSA”): registration number ORG832-96388-41101. Global Charities are registered with the PSA: registration number ORG831-51159-55647. For all enquiries in connection with the Auction please contact our customer support team at https://global.com/contact/.
64. Your personal data, and the personal data of any guest(s)/travel companion(s) that you or they provide to us, will be collected and processed by us, our licensees (including Communicorp UK Limited), the Auction Item Donors, as well and if applicable, our service providers, network operators and suppliers in order to administer and fulfil the Auction. Your personal data may also be disclosed to the Phone-paid Services Authority, Ofcom and/or the Advertising Standards Authority at their reasonable request for regulatory purposes, for example, in order to prevent, investigate and detect crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and comply with law enforcement agencies and applicable advertising codes.
65. We may hold your personal data for a period of 3 years in order to comply with our regulatory obligations.
67. We and the Auction Item Donors or Partners may transfer and process personal data outside of the EEA and UK for the purposes of administering the Auction.
68. By entering an Auction, you acknowledge that any personal data provided by you in connection with the Auction will be processed as set out above and in accordance with the Privacy Policies above, which sets out full details of how we process personal data and how you can exercise your rights as a data subject. Please ensure you have read and understood the Privacy Policies before placing your bids in the Auction.
69. You may request the removal of your personal details from our database by contacting [email protected]. If you request that your personal details be removed prior to the conclusion of the Auction, you will forfeit your right to enter the Auction and/or claim any prize or auction item and we reserve the right to select the next highest bidder in the Auction or withdraw the auction item as applicable.