Australian Adventure on Capital, Capital XTRA, Classic FM, Heart, Gold, Radio X and Smooth, April-May 2023 – Specific Rules
1 The Australian Adventure promotion (‘Promotion’) is organised by Global Charities (as defined in the Global Charities Promotion General Terms and Conditions). The Promotion will run from 5th April to 17th May 2023 on Capital, Capital XTRA, Classic FM, Heart, Gold, Radio X and Smooth. Global Charities is the Promoter. The ‘Prize Donor’ mentioned in these Specific Rules is Flight Centre.
2. IMPORTANT: The Promotion is subject to these Specific Rules and the Global Charities Promotion General Terms and Conditions which are available here. Entry into the Promotion constitutes acceptance of these Specific Rules and the General Terms and Conditions.
Details of the Promotion:
3. To enter the Promotion, you must send a text message with the relevant keyword to one of the following radio stations’ shortcodes (the ‘Text Message Line’):
CAPITAL – 83958 (REEF)
CAPITAL XTRA – 61236 (REEF)
CLASSIC FM – 61812 (REEF)
GOLD – 65588 (SUN)
HEART – 82122 (REEF)
RADIO X – 83936 (REEF)
SMOOTH – 65588 (REEF)
4. The Text Message Line will open at 9am on Wednesday 5th April 2023 and close at 5pm on Wednesday 17th May 2023. Entries received before or after this time will not be included in the Promotion but may still be charged.
5. We are not responsible for any latency experienced by your mobile phone network, which may delay the delivery of text messages to and/or from us.
6. Text messages will be charged at standard network rates. Standard rate text messages to promotion shortcodes are not normally included in ‘inclusive’ packages and may be charged. If entry is made by text message, be sure to use the correct shortcode. In all cases, please check with your service provider for more details and charges. If you are not the bill payer, you must obtain the bill payer’s permission before entering.
7. After entering the Promotion, you will receive a bounce back text message informing you that a voluntary charity donation to Global’s Make Some Noise (registered charity 1091657 (England & Wales) & SC041475 (Scotland)) of £5 will be taken automatically, unless you text the word CANCEL as instructed. The £5 donation will be taken one hour (60 minutes) after the time the first text was received from the mobile phone used to enter the Promotion, and 100% of the donation will go to Global’s Make Some Noise.
8. For the avoidance of doubt, you do not need to donate in order to be eligible for entry to the Promotion. Anyone who texts CANCEL within 60 minutes, as instructed in the first bounceback message will opt out of donating £5 to Global’s Make Some Noise but will still be included in the prize draw.
9. Within 24 hours of the closing time of the Promotion, all eligible entries will be entered into a draw. One entry will be selected at random and the entrant will be contacted by one of our representatives telephone on the number on which you entered. If the entry is ineligible, we reserve the right to select another entrant to participate in the Promotion or withdraw the prize and select another entrant, as applicable.
10. If you are selected as a winning entrant, you may be asked to have a call with a presenter which may be recorded for our records and/or could be broadcast live or later in a show. You must answer your telephone when we contact you. Someone else cannot answer the phone, participate or accept a prize on your behalf. If: (i) you fail to answer the phone; (ii) someone else answers the phone; (iii) the call goes to voicemail; (iv) the call becomes disconnected; (v) you are not (or do not seem to us to be) in a position to safely and/or lawfully take or remain on the call (for example, if you are or seem to be driving); or (vi) you are not audible or intelligible or we are not able to conduct a conversation with you in a manner that is suitable for broadcast for any reason beyond our control (including, but not limited to: low/no signal on your device, a call is dropped by any network, you are travelling, there is too much background noise or feedback, etc.); before or during the Promotion, you may be disqualified and we reserve the right to select another entrant to participate in the Promotion or withdraw the prize and select another winner, as applicable.
11. We, Global and the Prize Donor may publish and publicise your name, image, social media handle and/or profile picture, your nearest geographical location (for example, your nearest city, town or county) and your entry, and we may refer to your and any applicable third party’s (for example a guest/travel companion) association with the Promotion and/or the prize, in any and all media, worldwide, in perpetuity, for publicity and PR purposes solely in connection with the Promotion.
12. In relation to winners (and runners up if applicable), you understand that we, Global and the Prize Donor may: (i) interview you and your guest(s)/travel companion(s) which we may film, photograph and/or record and; (ii) film, photograph and/or record, you and your guest(s)/travel companion(s) in connection with the Promotion, either by telephone or in person, and we may use such films, recordings and/or photographs for publicity and PR purposes in any and all media, worldwide, as often and for as long as we consider appropriate or desirable, in connection with the Promotion. We may also publish your and your guest(s)/travel companion(s) name, image, social media handle and/or profile picture.
13. If you do not provide Gift Aid consent at the time of donation, we may send you a reminder message via SMS within 28 days of your donation.
14. The Promotion is only open to residents of the UK aged 18 and over and who are based in the UK at the time of entry.
15. Entrants can enter up to 6 times only, however they must text CANCEL as instructed after each entry to opt out of donating £5 per entry to Global’s Make Some Noise.
Prize specific terms:
16. One winning entrant will get £10,000 to spend with Flight Centre on a tailor-made package holiday for two to Queensland, Australia. The winner will be able to select economy flights from London, hotels, transfers, tours and excursions in Queensland, up to the value of £10,000, subject to availability.
17. This prize is for a holiday to Queensland, Australia exclusively. Visiting other destinations within Australia that are not within the state of Queensland will not be covered by the £10,000 to spend with Flight Centre.
18. This Prize is for two adults, aged 18 or over.
19. The Prize does not include: travel to the airport in the UK, spa facilities at any hotels, room service or any other expenses or any extras payable locally and booking is subject to hotel and flight availability.
20. The Prize must be taken between 1st July 2023 and 1st May 2024.
21. Blackout Dates which are not available: 17th July to 11th September, and 18th December 2023 to 8th January 2024. Further blackout dates may apply due to hotel availability and will be advised at time of booking.
22. Redemption of the Prize will be the responsibility of the Winner and is subject to supplier availability at the time of booking.
23. A minimum 14-day notice is required for all reservations. The Prize is strictly non-transferable, non-negotiable and may not be replaced or refunded. The prize is valid for one stay only, nights are to be used in consecutive order and cannot be split. Upon arrival at the hotel(s) the winner must present the original voucher to the hotel.
24. Any other costs and expenses which are not specifically included in the prize description are excluded and will be the sole responsibility of the winner. By way of example, without limitation, travel insurance is not included within the prize.
25. It is the responsibility of the winner and their guests to ensure that they are legally able to travel to the destination and have any necessary passports with appropriate validity time (e.g. valid for 6 months from the date you arrive), visas, or any other documentation.
26. It is the responsibility of the winner to comply with any Covid-19 checks and tests for entering their travel destination and upon returning to the UK. Global Charities and Global will not cover the cost of any Covid testing and it is the complete responsibility of the winner and their travel companion to buy, organise and arrange these tests. Global Charities and Global will not be held responsible if the winner or their guests do not have the correct travel documentation, test results or if they breach any COVID-19 regulations.
27. You acknowledge and agree that, without limitation to the provisions of Clause 12 of the Global Charities Promotion General Terms & Conditions, our ability to fulfil a prize and/or perform any of our obligations under the Promotion Terms and Conditions could be affected by an actual or threatened epidemic, pandemic, disease or quarantine and/or any corresponding governmental action, guidance and/or ruling (including but not limited to any Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office guidance) (collectively ‘Covid Measures’).
28. If due to any Covid Measures, we are unable to fulfil a prize or perform any of our other obligations under the Promotion Terms and Conditions, then we shall not be in breach of the Promotion Terms and Conditions. In accordance with Clause 32 below, in these circumstances, we reserve the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or greater value at our absolute discretion.
29. The prize will be forfeited if cancellation or amendments are made less than 7 days before arrival. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in the value of the Prize. If the Promoter is unable to provide the Winner with the nominated Prize, the Promoter may supply an alternative prize of similar monetary value. There is no cash alternative. If the Winner does not accept any element of the Prize, the Promoter is not obliged to provide the Winner with a substitute prize. If the Prize is unclaimed by the Prize Winner within one week the Promoter may conduct a further draw (“Unclaimed Prize Draw”). The winner of the Unclaimed Prize Draw will be notified by email or phone. The Promoter will not be held liable for any loss, damage or injury which results directly or indirectly from this Promotion, except that which cannot be excluded by law.
30. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and not for resale.
31. This is a charity Promotion and as such no refunds are given.
32. We reserve the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or greater value at our absolute discretion.
33. Global are registered with the Phone-paid Services Authority (“PSA”): registration number ORG832-96388-41101. Global Charities are registered with the PSA: registration number ORG831-51159-55647. For all enquiries in connection with the Promotion please contact our customer support team at https://global.com/contact/.
34. Your personal data that you provide to us will be collected and processed by us, Global, Global’s licensees (including Communicorp UK Limited), Global’s affiliates and our Prize Donor and if applicable, our service providers, network operators and suppliers in order to administer and fulfil the Promotion. Your personal data may also be disclosed to the Phone-paid Services Authority, Ofcom and/or the Advertising Standards Authority at their reasonable request for regulatory purposes, for example, in order to prevent, investigate and detect crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and comply with law enforcement agencies and applicable advertising codes.
38. We, Global and the Prize Donor may transfer and process personal data outside of the EEA and UK for the purposes of administering the Promotion. Where any transfers are made outside of the EEA or UK we and the Prize Donor will ensure appropriate safeguards to protect your personal data are in place.
39. We and Global will hold your personal data for a period of up to 3 years in order to comply with our regulatory obligations.
40. You may request the removal of your personal details from our database by contacting [email protected]. If you request that your personal details be removed prior to the conclusion of a Promotion, you will forfeit your right to enter the Promotion and/or claim any prize and we reserve the right to select another entrant to participate in the Promotion or withdraw the prize and select another winner, as applicable.
For Global’s Make Some Noise’s full terms and conditions, please read them here.