GMSN Boulevard Prize on Capital North East, Heart North East, Smooth North East and at Boulevard Newcastle events, November 2023 – February 2024 – Specific Rules
- The GMSN BOULEVARD promotion (‘Promotion’) is organised by Global Charities (as defined in the Global Charities Promotion General Terms and Conditions). The Promotion will run from Thursday 16th November 2023 to Monday 5th February 2024 on Capital North East, Heart North East, Smooth North East and across Boulevard Newcastle events taking place between 16th November 2023 and 4th February 2024 inclusive. Global Charities is the Promoter. The ‘Prize Donors’ mentioned in these Specific Rules are:
- Avani Hotels and Resorts;
- Utilita Arena Newcastle;
- Gaucho Newcastle;
- Tynemouth Castle Inn;
- The Glasshouse International Centre for Music.
2. IMPORTANT: The Promotion is subject to these Specific Rules and the Global Charities Promotion General Terms and Conditions which are available here. Entry into the Promotion constitutes acceptance of these Specific Rules and the General Terms and Conditions.
Details of the Promotion:
3. To enter the Promotion, you must send a text message with the keyword to 84988 (the ‘Text Message Line).
4. The keyword will be promoted on-air and online via Capital North East, Heart North East, Smooth North East, and on posters and on-stage at Boulevard Newcastle events, taking place between 16th November 2023 and 4th February 2024 inclusive.
5. The Text Message Line will open at 14:00 on Thursday 16th November 2023 and close at 11:00 on Monday 5th February 2024. Entries received before or after this time will not be included in the Promotion but may still be charged.
6. We are not responsible for any latency experienced by your mobile phone network, which may delay the delivery of text messages to and/or from us.
7. Text messages will be charged at standard network rates. Standard rate text messages to promotion shortcodes are not normally included in ‘inclusive’ packages and may be charged. If entry is made by text message, be sure to use the correct shortcode. In all cases, please check with your service provider for more details and charges. If you are not the bill payer, you must obtain the bill payer’s permission before entering.
8. After entering the Promotion, you will receive a bounce back text message informing you that a voluntary charity donation to Global’s Make Some Noise (registered charity 1091657 (England & Wales) & SC041475 (Scotland)) of £3 will be taken automatically, unless you text the word CANCEL as instructed. The £3 donation will be taken one hour (60 minutes) after the time the first text was received from the mobile phone used to enter the Promotion, and 100% of the donation will go to Global’s Make Some Noise.
9. For the avoidance of doubt, you do not need to donate in order to be eligible for entry to the Promotion. Anyone who texts CANCEL within 60 minutes, as instructed in the first bounceback message will opt out of donating £3 to Global’s Make Some Noise but will still be included in the prize draw.
10. Within 24 hours of the closing time of the Promotion, all eligible entries will be entered into a draw. Three entries will be selected at random and the entrants will be contacted by one of our representatives telephone on the number on which you entered. If the entry is ineligible, we reserve the right to select another entrant to participate in the Promotion or withdraw the prize and select another entrant, as applicable.
11. We, Global and the Prize Donors may publish and publicise your name, image, social media handle and/or profile picture, your nearest geographical location (for example, your nearest city, town or county) and your entry, and we may refer to your and any applicable third party’s (for example a guest/travel companion) association with the Promotion and/or the prize, in any and all media, worldwide, in perpetuity, for publicity and PR purposes solely in connection with the Promotion.
12. In relation to winners (and runners up if applicable), you understand that we, Global and the Prize Donors may: (i) interview you and your guest(s)/travel companion(s) which we may film, photograph and/or record and; (ii) film, photograph and/or record, you and your guest(s)/travel companion(s) in connection with the Promotion, either by telephone or in person, and we may use such films, recordings and/or photographs for publicity and PR purposes in any and all media, worldwide, as often and for as long as we consider appropriate or desirable, in connection with the Promotion. We may also publish your and your guest(s)/travel companion(s) name, image, social media handle and/or profile picture.
13. If you do not provide Gift Aid consent at the time of donation, we may send you a reminder message via SMS within 28 days of your donation.
- The Promotion is only open to residents of the UK aged 18 and over and who are based in the UK at the time of entry.
- Entrants can enter up to 10 times only, however they must text CANCEL as instructed after each entry to opt out of donating £3 per entry to Global’s Make Some Noise.
- There will be three winning entrants, picked at random, and allocated prizes in the following order:
- PRIZE ONE: The first randomly selected winning entrant will receive a four-night city break to Madrid for two people, including:
- Accommodation in a double room with breakfast each morning at Avani Alonso Martinez Madrid, as well as airport transfers to and from the hotel. All guests must be aged 18 or over. Dates will be subject to availability.
- Return economy flights from any UK airport, routes permitting, at a maximum cost of £100 per person.
- £100 to be put towards additional costs and/or spending money.
- We will endeavour to transfer the prize money to your bank account within 28 days but are not responsible for any delays. You must provide all necessary payment details via the method directed within 14 days after the original request to do so otherwise the prize will be forfeited in our discretion.
- Prize must be redeemed within three weeks of competition closing date. 12-month validity period to take the prize from date of closing.
- Additional meals and drinks that are not mentioned above are not included in this prize.
- Basic travel insurance is included, as long as the guests travelling are under 75 years of age.
- PRIZE TWO: The second randomly selected winning entrant will receive the ultimate VIP Newcastle hospitality package, which includes:
- Four tickets with VIP Hospitality to Becky Hill’s UK Tour on Sunday 13th October 2024 at the Utilita Arena Newcastle. VIP Hospitality includes entry via the dedicated Hospitality entrance, access to the VIP Lounge and one drink per person, upon arrival.
- A Signature meal for four at Gaucho Newcastle. Included is a glass of sparkling Argentinian wine each on arrival, the Signature three-course set menu, and one bottle of Vina Patricia Malbec. This is valid until 24th October 2024. All guests must be 18 or over. Can only be used at Gaucho Newcastle. Cannot be exchanged or refunded.
- An overnight stay for four at the Tynemouth Castle Inn. Room allocation will be 2 x double or twin rooms, subject to availability, plus breakfast. Stay must coincide with date of Becky Hill tour (13th October 2024).
- Chauffeur-driven car to transport the four guests to and from hotel to arena. This must coincide with date of Becky Hill tour and hotel stay.
- All guests and attendees of this prize must be aged 18 or over.
- PRIZE THREE: The third randomly selected winning entrant will receive:
- Four tickets to A Night at the Musicals at The Glasshouse, Friday 8th March 2024. Prize can be supplied in the form of an electronic voucher or a printed set of tickets (as preferred by winner). Under 14s must be accompanied by an adult.
- A Signature meal for four at Gaucho Newcastle. Included is a glass of sparkling Argentinian wine each on arrival, the 3-course set Signature menu per person, and one bottle of Vina Patricia Malbec. This is valid until 24th October 2024. All guests must be 18 or over. Can only be used at Gaucho Newcastle. Cannot be exchanged or refunded.
Additional Prize Terms:
20. Any other costs and expenses which are not specifically included in the prize description are excluded and will be the sole responsibility of the winner. By way of example, without limitation, travel to Newcastle, or to the airport in the UK, is not included within the prize.
21. It is the responsibility of the winner and their guests to ensure that they are legally able to travel to the destination and have any necessary passports with appropriate validity time (e.g. valid for 6 months from the date you arrive), visas, or any other documentation.
22. It is the responsibility of the winner to comply with any Covid-19 checks and tests for entering their travel destination and upon returning to the UK. Global Charities and Global will not cover the cost of any Covid testing and it is the complete responsibility of the winner and their travel companion to buy, organise and arrange these tests. Global Charities and Global will not be held responsible if the winner or their guests do not have the correct travel documentation, test results or if they breach any COVID-19 regulations.
23. You acknowledge and agree that, without limitation to the provisions of Clause 12 of the Global Charities Promotion General Terms & Conditions, our ability to fulfil a prize and/or perform any of our obligations under the Promotion Terms and Conditions could be affected by an actual or threatened epidemic, pandemic, disease or quarantine and/or any corresponding governmental action, guidance and/or ruling (including but not limited to any Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office guidance) (collectively ‘Covid Measures’).
24. If due to any Covid Measures, we are unable to fulfil a prize or perform any of our other obligations under the Promotion Terms and Conditions, then we shall not be in breach of the Promotion Terms and Conditions. In accordance with Clause 28 below, in these circumstances, we reserve the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or greater value at our absolute discretion.
25. Travel insurance is provided by the Promoter on an optional basis and is subject to normal terms of acceptance. Pre-existing medical conditions may not be covered. Travellers must be 74 years old or younger. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to check the Promoter’s travel insurance policy to ensure it provides the appropriate level of cover required. The travel insurance is provided to the winner on the understanding and agreement that it is only valid for the holiday prize described in this Promotion. Should the winner decide not to accept the Promoter’s travel insurance policy the responsibility will be on the winner to obtain suitable travel insurance for themselves and, where applicable, their guests.
26. The prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and not for resale.
27. This is a charity Promotion and as such no refunds are given.
28. We reserve the right to substitute the prize(s) with another prize of equal or greater value at our absolute discretion.
29. Global are registered with the Phone-paid Services Authority (“PSA”): registration number ORG832-96388-41101. Global Charities are registered with the PSA: registration number ORG831-51159-55647. For all enquiries in connection with the Promotion please contact our customer support team at https://global.com/contact/.
30. Your personal data that you provide to us will be collected and processed by us, Global, Global’s licensees (including Communicorp UK Limited), Global’s affiliates and our Prize Donors and if applicable, our service providers, network operators and suppliers in order to administer and fulfil the Promotion. Your personal data may also be disclosed to the Phone-paid Services Authority, Ofcom and/or the Advertising Standards Authority at their reasonable request for regulatory purposes, for example, in order to prevent, investigate and detect crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and comply with law enforcement agencies and applicable advertising codes.
34. We, Global and the Prize Donors may transfer and process personal data outside of the EEA and UK for the purposes of administering the Promotion. Where any transfers are made outside of the EEA or UK we and the Prize Donors will ensure appropriate safeguards to protect your personal data are in place.
35. We and Global will hold your personal data for a period of up to 3 years in order to comply with our regulatory obligations.
36. You may request the removal of your personal details from our database by contacting [email protected]. If you request that your personal details be removed prior to the conclusion of a Promotion, you will forfeit your right to enter the Promotion and/or claim any prize and we reserve the right to select another entrant to participate in the Promotion or withdraw the prize and select another winner, as applicable