- The following rules (“Specific Rules”) together with Global Charities’ (“Global Charities”) general and competition terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) (which can be found at www.makesomenoise.com/terms-conditions/) apply to the ‘Global’s Make Some Noise Text Competition’ (“the Competition”), which will run from 15:15 Tuesday 24th March 2020 to 1700 Thursday 23rd April 2020.
- Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have understood these Specific Rules along with the Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them.
Details of the Competition:
- To enter the Competition an Entrant must choose a name for a puppy due to be born within the next six months and be subsequently trained as a support dog at the Support Dog’s charity. Entrants must send a text message with the keyword ‘PUPPY’ and the name of their choice to 85525 (the “Text Message Line”). Text messages will be charged at standard network rates.
- Suggested names should be submitted with the following criteria:
– The name should not be anything embarrassing for a Support Dog trainer or potential owner to call in public
– The name would preferably be unisex or a name which can be modified for cross gender use
– Names that are two syllables long are generally better as these do not sound like dog training commands (such as ‘sit’, ‘wait’ and ‘stand’)
– The name must not be inappropriate, offensive, abusive or racially/ politically/ sexually provocative
- The Text Message Line will open at 15:15 on Tuesday 24th March 2020 (the “Opening Time”) and close at 17:00 on Thursday 23rd April 2020 (the “Closing Time”). If an Entrant texts after the closing time they will not be entered into the Competition but may still be charged.
- After entering the Competition, participants will receive a bounce back text message informing them that a voluntary donation to Global’s Make Some Noise (registered charity 1091657 (England & Wales) & SC041475 (Scotland)) of £3 will be taken automatically, unless they text the word CANCEL as instructed. The £3 donation will be taken an hour (60 minutes) after the time the first text was received from the mobile phone used to enter the Competition, and 100% of the donation will go to Global’s Make Some Noise.
- For the avoidance of doubt, you do not need to donate in order to be eligible for entry to the Competition. Anyone who texts CANCEL as instructed in the first bounce back message and thereby opts out of donating £3 to Global’s Make Some Noise will still be included in the prize draw.
- After the Closing Time of the Competition, the suggested Support Dog names from all eligible entries will be collated and a winning Entrant and Support Dog name will be chosen by a panel of Global’s Make Some Noise and Support Dogs staff in accordance with the criteria as outlined above. The Entrant will be contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date of the Competition.
- If the winning name has been submitted by multiple Entrants, a final winner will be chosen at random from this smaller pool of Entrants. Unsuccessful Entrants will not be contacted.
- You must be 18 or over to enter the Competition.
- You must enter from a UK mobile.
- You can enter up to 10 times only, however you must text CANCEL as instructed after each entry to opt out of donating £3 to Global’s Make Some Noise.
- One Entrant will win the Prize which includes;
– A Support Dog puppy being named as per the winning Entrant’s entry
– 3 updates over a 1-year period regarding the named puppy via mail and email, using details provided with prize winners permission.
– A sponsorship pack, special photo certificate and cuddly toy version of the puppy they are naming.
- No substitute prizes or cash alternatives are available.
- The prize is non-transferable.
Specific prize terms:
- The content of the prize may be subject to change and/or substituted with a prize of equal or greater value.
- We require winner name, contact number, postal address & email to facilitate the prize.
- Due to the nature of prize donations, please be aware that it can take several weeks to confirm dates.
- Not for resale, not transferable (and must be used by the lead passenger), there is no cash alternative.
- This is a charity Competition and as such no refunds are given.
The Promoters are Global, registered with Phone-paid Services Authority (ORG832-96388-41101) and Global Charities, registered with Phone-paid Services Authority (ORG831-51159-55647).
Service Provider: Global Radio Services Ltd., 30 Leicester Square, London, WC2H 7LA. If you are having problems using our text entry service or feel a donation has been taken from your bill unfairly, please have a look at our FAQs or alternatively