- The following rules (“Rules”) together with Global Charities (“Global Charities”) general and competition terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) (which can be found at www.makesomenoise.com/terms-conditions/) apply to the ‘Global’s Make Some Noise Text Competitions’ (“the Competition”) as detailed in the Rules.
- The “Radio Station” advertising the competition is SMOOTH
- Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have understood these Rules along with the Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them. The Terms and Conditions are available on request from Global Charities.
Details of the competition:
4. To enter the Competition an Entrant must send a text message with the relevant keyword to one of the following radio stations shortcodes (the “Text Message Line”): SMOOTH – 65588 (SHOP)
- Text messages will be charged at standard network rates. Texts sent after the closing time will not be entered but may still be charged. TheText Message Line will open at 16:00 on Wednesday 17 June 2020 (the “Opening Time”) and close at 23:00 on Friday 19 June 2020 (the “Closing Time”).
- After entering the Competition, participants will receive a bounce back text message informing them that a voluntary donation to Global’s Make Some Noise (registered charity 1091657 (England & Wales) & SC041475 (Scotland)) of £3 will be taken automatically, unless they text the word CANCEL as instructed. The £3 donation will be taken one hour (60 minutes) after the time the first text was received from the mobile phone used to enter the Competition, and 100% of the donation will go to Global’s Make Some Noise.
- For the avoidance of doubt, you do not need to donate in order to be eligible for entry to the Competition. Anyone who texts CANCEL as instructed in the firstbouncebackmessage and thereby opts out of donating £3 to Global’s Make Some Noise will still be included in the prize draw.
- Within 3 hoursof the Closing Time one winning Entrant will be selected at random from all eligible entries and will be notified that they have won on the phone number that their text entry was sent from. The winning Entrant may be required to talk to the presenter(s) either live on air, or a call will be recorded with the presenter(s) and then later played on-air. If an Entrant fails to answer their phone, is driving, or if any fault occurs immediately prior to or during the call and it is not possible to re-establish contact with the Entrant, they will forfeit their chance to win and another entry will be selected at random. The Producer’s decision is final. Unsuccessful Entrants will not be contacted.
- Entrants must be aged 18 or over to enter the Competition.
- Entrants must enter from a UK mobile.
- Entrants can enter up to 10 times only, however they must text CANCEL as instructed after each entry to opt out of donating £3 toGlobal’s Make Some Noise.
- PIZE OVERVIEW: The prize consists of £3,000 woth of John Lewis gift cards
- No substitute prizes or cash alternatives are available.
- The prize is non-transferable and not for resale.
- Global reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize at its absolute discretion.
- We require winner name, contact number, postal address & email to facilitate the prize.
- This is a charity competition and as such no refunds are given.
Please see full details below including restrictions and exclusions.
Specific prize terms:
18. The prize: £3,000 worth of gift cards to spend at John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners. The voucher must be used in accordance with John Lewis Partnership’s voucher redemption policy which can be found at johnlewis.com/customer-services
19. The gift card will expire in 24 months from the date of initial purchase (valid 17/06/2020 – 17/06/2022) or its last use. Making a purchase or a balance enquiry will extend the expiry date for an additional 24-month period.
20. The gift card cannot be exchanged for cash. John Lewis do not give change, cash or debit/credit card refunds on gift card transactions. Any balance will remain on the gift card and may be applied to future purchases, provided that the card has not expired.
21. This card cannot be used to discharge indebtedness in respect of an account card or credit issued by John Lewis plc, Waitrose Limited or John Lewis Financial Services Limited, nor can it be used for the purchase either directly or indirectly of any financial product or service.
22. For full terms and conditions and balance enquiries visit johnlewis.com/customer-services
23.Redeemable for anyone aged 18 and over from the time the prize is drawn
24. The John Lewis Partnership gift card can be redeemed in John Lewis & Partners or Waitrose & Partners shops and online at johnlewis.com or waitrose.com as part or full payment for goods and services (exclusions apply).
25. We require winner name, contact number, postal address & email to facilitate the prize.
26. Not for resale, not transferable, there is no cash alternative.
27. This is a charity competition and as such no refunds are given.
25. If lost, stolen or damaged, the gift card will not be replaced.
The Promoters are Global, registered with Phone-paid Services Authority (ORG832-96388-41101) and Global Charities, registered with Phone-paid Services Authority
Service Provider: Global Radio Services Ltd., 30 Leicester Square, London, WC2H 7LA. If you are having problems using our text entry service or feel a donation has been taken from your bill unfairly, please have a look at our FAQs or alternatively contact our customer helpline on 0333 200 2000.